This is how to file a complaint

If you want to submit a claim for compensation with respect to damaged or lost goods, you can find guidance here on how to file a complaint.

Please be aware that you should submit a claim to your insurance company first, if you have taken out cargo insurance.

The Incoterms applied determine who is entitled to submit a claim for compensation as well as the identity of the injured party. You can learn more about this here.

We process all claims for compensation according to the provisions relating to the liability and transport undertaken by carriers (the CMR Convention) and the terms and conditions of Danske Fragtmænd for transport and warehouse hotels, respectively.

Claims for compensation are VAT-exempt in accordance with the VAT guidance; refer to sections D.A. and D.A. at for more information. We pay compensation, if any, in accordance with Sections 31 and 29(2) of the CMR Convention which state that the compensation cannot exceed SDR 8.33 per kilo of lost (damaged) gross weight (as of 24.09.2019, SDR 8.33 is equivalent to DKK 77.38).

Submit a claim for compensation

Below, the consignor (sender) can submit a claim for compensation. If you are the consignee (recipient), you must contact your supplier. NOTE: Please remember to complete all fields.

I would like to submit a claim for compensation